Hello again, Renegades! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. October has officially begun and the weather is starting to get a little colder; Fall truly has arrived. Pretty soon the leaves will be changing colors and we’ll be celebrating Halloween.
Here are the 5 Things You Need to Know for this first week of October:
1. This week is the Week of Respect. The school administration will be sending out an email with a schedule of events for the week.
2. Back To School Night is this Thursday, October 5th, at 7 pm. Parents of students should have a received an email with the night’s schedule. If your parents did not receive an email, then an extra copy of each student’s schedule will be in the student’s Day 1, Period 1 class.
3. The Goodwill Donation Drive will be accepting donations on Back to School Night. Remind your parents to bring anything that they want to donate with them on Back to School Night.
4. Chris Herren’s Project Purple shirts will be on sale for $10 each this week. Friday will be the last day to buy a T-shirt! Shirts will be sold during Lunch and Learn as part of the Defy The Issue program.
5. There will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, October 9th due to a staff in-service.
That’s it for this week’s 5 Things. While you’re here, check out some of the new articles we’ve published. Writers Kyleigh and Erika have complete coverage of the Pep Rally and the Renegades’ first home football game of the season. If you’re more into science than sports, Aidan Khelil shared his thoughts on the recent termination of the Cassini Spacecraft, which had been orbiting Saturn for decades. Enjoy the long weekend, Renegades!