5 Things You Need to Know — Week of 10/23/17

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sean Etter, Editor-in-Chief

Hello again, Renegades! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Before we begin the 5 Things this week, the Renegade Report would like to congratulate the Shawnee Marching Band on winning first place in their group in the home-show Marching Band Competition on Saturday. Congrats, band! Keep up the good work!

Without further ado, here are the 5 Things You Need To Know For This Week:

1. Make-up yearbook pictures will be taken on Tuesday, October 24th in the Auditorium. If you need to get your picture taken still, make sure you keep an ear out for when you are called down to the auditorium.
  2. The Dig Pink Volleyball game will be this Thursday, October 26th, beginning at 6:00 pm in the gym. If you are planning on attending, please be at school by 5:30 pm and remember to wear your Dig Pink t-shirts to school that day. A group picture will be taken of everyone wearing their Dig Pink shirts Thursday morning at 7:20 am in the gym. Students partaking in the group picture will report to period 1 after the picture has been taken. Don’t worry about getting a late pass or being counted as late; your Dig Pink shirt will be your pass.
  3. The Shawnee Safe Trick or Treat will be this Saturday, October 28th, from 1:30 pm — 3:0 pm. If you want to volunteer to help out with the event (and get community service hours), please see your club adviser.
  4. The Shawnee Halloween Parade will take place on Tuesday, October 31st (HALLOWEEN!) during 1st period. An adjusted schedule will be out soon. If you are participating, remember that you are NOT allowed to wear a mask. If you want to sign up for the parade, see Mrs. Fanourgakis, Ms Griffin, or Mr. Master.
  5. Remember to follow Shawnee’s social media accounts for updates on all things Renegades:

Twitter: @ShawneeHSNJ

Instagram: ShawneeHSNJ

Facebook: LRHSD Highlights

That’s all for this week’s 5 Things. While you’re here, the Renegade Report just published a number of new articles that you should check out. Writer Kyleigh Magee gives a rundown of Shawnee and Seneca’s joint robotics team, the Iron Devils, for any student who is considering joining the team. You can check out Kyleigh’s article here. Co-editor of the Renegade Report Charlotte Mandy offers an in-depth explanation of the Star Wars theory that states that the mysterious Rey from The Force Awakens is actually the granddaughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi, not a long-lost member of the Skywalker family. It’s a very convincing theory that you can read here if you are interested. Finally, the Report published a sting of interviews with a number of Shawnee’s newest teachers that you can check out on the Teacher Spotlight page. These revealing interviews serve as a great introduction to the newest Renegades in the Shawnee family, so take a look.

The 5 Things will, of course, be back next week. Until then, have a great week Renegades!