5 Things You Need To Know Week of 3/13/17

Sean Etter, Editor-in-Chief

Hello again, Renegades! It’s a new week, and with each new week comes a new set of announcements that students and staff should know for the upcoming days. A quick note: the information provided in this article will appear slightly different from the information found on the flyers in school. This is because the school flyers were printed before the announcement that school will be closed on Tuesday, March 14th, due to severe winter weather conditions. This list contains updated dates and information taking the snow day into account.

One more thing I want to note before getting into this week’s list is that all previous weeks’ 5 Things lists will be moved to the Archives page of the Renegade Report website. That way, if there was a piece of information that you needed to see that is not listed in the current week’s list, you can go back and look it up in Archives.

Now without further delay, let’s dive in to the 5 Things You Need To Know This Week at Shawnee High School:

1. Pi Night has been postponed. It will now be taking place on Tuesday, March 21st, in the Shawnee cafeteria at 6:00 pm.
  2. LRHSD STEM Career Night will be held on Thursday, March 16th, at Lenape High School form 7:00 – 8:30 pm. Various professionals from careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math will be in attendance an will be answering questions about their professions for interested students.
  3. Also on Thursday, March 16th, the Shawnee’s Staff’s Got Talent talent show will be held in the Shawnee Auditorium at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $5 at the door. Come out and see your favorite teachers show off their talents!
  4. The Shawnee Color Run for Cancer is happening on April 8th at 9:00 am. Early registration ends March 27th. Until then, you can register online at ShawneeMSCR.eventbrite.com
  5. Any student interested in attending the Cooper Trauma Trips during the 2017-18 school year must sign up in the Shawnee Counseling Center by June 1st.

And those are the 5 most important things that you need to know for this week. I’ll be back next Monday with a brand new set of things for you to know. Until then, have a great week, Renegades, and enjoy the Snow Day!