5 Things You Need to Know Week of 4/3/17

Sean Etter, Editor-in-Chief

Welcome back, Renegades. First, I’d like to welcome back our senior class. Hope you all had a great time in Disney! Second, I’d like to wish everyone good luck as we enter our second and final week of PARCC testing.

Now let’s take a look at the 5 Things You Need to Know For This Week:

1. The Shawnee Color Run for Cancer is this Saturday (April 8th) at 9:00 am. Thanks again to all those who signed up!
  2. Recently, students recieved a climate survey in their school email accounts. Students are highly encouraged to take just a few minutes to respond to this important survey before Spring Break (which starts April 14th after school). It doesn’t take long, so please take a few mintues to submit a response.
  3. The Shawnee Jazz Festival is this Friday, April 7th, after school. It starts at 5:30 pm and will be held in the Auditorium.
  4. Important reminder for Seniors: if you plan on attending the Spring Registration trip to RCBC, you need to turn in your permission slip to the Counseling Center by this Friday, April 7th.
  5. PARCC testing ends this Friday (4/7). Here are a few quick remiinders for students:

1) No phones, electronics, or watches (smart or otherwise) are allowed in testing rooms.

2) Neither food nor drink is allowed in testing rooms.

3) Students should make sure to bring pencils, a calculator, headphones or earbuds, and a non-academic book to testing rooms.

That’s everything for this week. While y0ur here, why not check out a few of our other articles? We recently added a review of the hit Disney live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast, a preview of Shawnee’s Spring Stage production of Thoroughly Modern Millie, and an article about how students can help combat climate change from right here in Medford/Medford Lakes. Have a great week, Renegades!