5 Things You Need to Know Week of 4/10/17

Sean Etter, Editor-in-Chief

Hello again, Renegades!

Another Monday, another brand new list of the most important things you need to know about the upcoming week. Here are the 5 Things You Need To Know This Week:

1. Time is running out to complete the climate survey. This survey was emailed to students on their @lrstudents.org accounts. Shawnee highly encourages its students to complete this quick survey before Spring Break, which starts this Friday, April 14th.
  2. Yellow Ribbon Club is holding a Memorial Day Flag Fundraiser through April 25th. Students and faculty can purchase an American flag for $1. Purchased flags will be displayed outside of Shawnee for Memorial Day in support of the United States Military. Give $1 to Rachel Belville to purchase a flag.
  3. There will be a parent meeting for Senior Prom and Graduation this Wednesday, April 12th, in the auditorium at 6:00 pm. Seniors, please remind your parent(s)/guardian(s) to attend.
  4. Important message for Seniors: Lenape Regional High School District will be honoring all LRHSD students who will be entering the military, military academy, or ROTC college/university program on May 16th in the Lenape High School auditorium. If you have signed a contract to enlist in the military or you have received acceptance into a military academy or ROTC program, notify Mrs. Krihak in the Counseling Center before April 28th.
  5. This week, Senior Portraits are being taken on the stage in the auditorium from 8:30 am to 2:15 pm. Students who are getting portraits have received a letter in the mail with your time and different portrait options. If you lost your letter or don’t know your time, there are large schedules posted around the halls of Shawnee with a list of which students are getting portraits at what time and on what day.
    1. Guys: You are required to bring your own dress shirt and tie for cap and gown poses. Try to have your hair neatly trimmed.
    2. Girls: You are required to bring your own tank top to wear under the drape. Poses can include your hands, so consider appropriate jewelry.

That’s all for this week. This is the last week before Spring Break and there’s no school on Friday, so hang in there, Renegades! You’re almost there! If you’re looking for some moe Shawnee and Medford/Medford Lakes news, check out the rest of our site. And if you’re trying to find out a good book to read or movie to see over break, why not check out our movie reviews or our Book Bash articles? You just might find something that catches your eye.

Have a great Spring Break, Shawnee!