The Renegade Report

• November 29Did you know we have 11 days off for Winter Break?

• November 13Every Friday is Blue Pride Friday! Wear your blue & Shawnee gear.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Coming 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Coming 2019

Jaida Topuzoglu, Writer

Lucasfilms’ Star Wars franchise has been a classic for four decades, expanding universes and stories for generations to come. When Disney came to George Lucas to seize the cash-cow of a series, they decided to transfer the series to a park for Disney World’s Hollywood Studios. Disney has been concocting a plan to renovate Hollywood Studios for several years, and this past weekend, Disney has revealed the names for their two new attractions in Disney’s Galaxy’s Edge, coming in 2019.

Galaxy’s Edge is set to debut in Fall of 2019 for Disney World in Orlando, Florida, and in Summer 2019 for Disney Land in Anaheim, California. Both parks will feature the same attractions and experiences; however, each will be differing in sizes considering the high amount of land Disney World has compared to its predecessor. This Saturday at the D23’s Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse event in Florida, Disney fans finally received official information of the new park. The two attractions coming to the parks are Millennium Falcon: Smugglers’ Run, and Star Wars: Rise of The Resistance.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers’ Run is an immersive attraction letting guests take control of Han Solo and Chewbacca’s ship from the series. Riders take on three different roles that will affect the story and it’s finale. Behind all of the different set pieces that can be used by riders, a large screen covers the entirety of wall showing the galaxy “outside” of the ship. Star Wars: Rise of The Resistance puts the riders right into a battle between the Resistance and the First Order. Besides the exciting attractions to come, the stunning theming of the park is one of the most elaborate that the Disney “Imagineers” have come up with in years. The park is going to be designed as if guests were in the movies, fighting along Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and many more to come.

From what Disney fans have heard so far, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is going to set the bar high for parks. Hollywood Studios has been outdated for several years, and with Disney’s new and innovative land coming to the park, new and old fans of the series cane enjoy the immersive attractions and theming. For now, fans of all ages patiently await the 2019 release in both Disney World, in Orlando, Florida and Disney Land in Anaheim, California.