What’s Shawnee Wearing? Ep. 1

Autumn isn’t quite in full swing yet! Within the halls of Shawnee High School, we are desperately grasping onto the last warm days of summer weather before the chill of fall finally sets in. My team and I went around Shawnee today to see how other students were dressing for the pursuing humidity.

Autumn isn’t quite in full swing yet! Within the halls of Shawnee High School, we are desperately grasping onto the last warm days of summer weather before the chill of fall finally sets in. My team and I went around Shawnee Monday to see how other students were dressing for the humidity.

My team and I found Paige T. in the courtyard during lunch. Paige surprised us – although her t-shirt is from American Eagle (and is super cute), her mom made her flower print midi skirt. I’ll be the one to say it, I am a little obsessed. Making clothes is the next TikTok trend – I’m calling it now. This look from Paige is giving me bohemian and I am HERE FOR IT! So pretty!

Ms. Schliep was spotted in the hallway between the C and D halls next to the courtyard! She was wearing a vintage dress from The Limited, which she says was a store at the mall. Lots of fans of the mall in this edition! Can’t lie, me too. I’m there, like, every weekend. Obsessed with this dress. It’s super cute, and the spots are very pretty. The color even works well. It’s a look, 100%. Thank you, Ms. Schliep!

Shortly after my team and I found Ms. Schliep, we saw Bryan M. wearing a bold teal. Bryan reports that he got the hoodie from “that store in Sea Isle,” referring to a small shop located on 38th Street across from the boardwalk (I have bought many claw clips there). Shorts are Reebok, and I know it might be controversial, but I’m kinda digging the athleisure look. It’s very relaxed and yet confident at the same time, giving me this sort of influencer swagger. Loving it, NGL.

Caught going into the media center during lunch! This is Brian S., who is wearing his older brother’s t-shirt and shorts from the Cherry Hill Mall (the good mall, IMO). The real mystery here isn’t Brian’s last name, it’s why he’s going into the library. To get books, perhaps? To eat lunch? We will never know (unless he tells us).

I’m so sorry, I didn’t get your names! My team and I saw these three in the C Hall during lunch! The girl to the far left is wearing an American Eagle top, Penn State sweatpants, and Adidas sneakers (not pictured). In the middle, we’re seeing a dark green Cobras top from H&M, distressed jeans from H&M, and some white Doc Marten’s so shiny, I could see myself in them. On the right, we’re seeing a Roxy sweatshirt, LuluLemon leggings, and a pair of Nikes. Super cute looks! Giving me “day off in New York” vibes. Totally buying that top the next time I see it.

I ran into Eileen Z. at the C-Hall vending machine during my study hall! Eileen is rocking a T.J. Maxx sweatshirt and Crocs that she said were “two years old.” Eileen has a nonchalance to her that means she could probably rock anything, but even so, I love this look on her. It’s giving this casual, prepared energy, like a van-lifer at brunch. She’s ready for anything, and I love that for her.

And, okay, I know no one asked, but my outfit was cute today too. Tank top from Pacsun, jeans from Urban Outfitters, sneakers from Nike. We’ll be back next week for a fashion update from the halls of Shawnee.